Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Going Green!!

So its official! I have switched to cloth diapers :) I am so excited about doing this... weird, right?! I never thought I could be excited about diapers! I can't believe that this isn't a more popular thing. I got All in Ones and pocket diapers and they are just as easy to use as regular diapers! I also got gDiapers that have inserts that can be flushed or composted. At first I was a little scared off by the cost, but then I went over my receipts for diapers for the last two months... I could have completely set up on cloth for the cost of 3 months of disposables. I only have about a third of what I'm going to need, but I should have everything in about a month if I keep buying a little every week. There are so many different types and styles, colors and patterns... I am loving shopping for them!!!

It makes me feel really good to know that I don't have spend a ton of money on diapers over the next few years, and the environmental aspect of them makes me feel warm inside :)
PLUS - THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!!!!!

So spread the word. Cloth is back, and its awesome!

2 comments:

Oh Scrap!! said...

It was so nice to see you and spend some time with you, love you, hugs, Rosa.

Tish said...

I used cloth diapers for my daughters (18 years ago). After they don't need the diapers anymore, you have cleaning cloths!

I just felt better because there were no chemicals next to their bodies ... and they actually did NOT get diaper rash with the cloth. There are so many new types now that they didn't have before. I think it's great.